Saturday, March 8, 2014

Long Vowels, Oh My!

Oh. My. Gosh! I was actually able to wear my favorite flats, WITHOUT SOCKS, on Friday! With that said, it was still only about 40 degrees, but I was celebrating! So ready for winter to be over and the snow to be melted!

As I assess students for our 2nd trimester report cards, I have students read a word list that consists of word families, blends, and digraphs that we have worked on this school year. Most of my kiddos rocked the ALL of the short vowel words (even the more challenging ones), most of the blends and digraphs, but WOW, did they struggle with the long vowel words!! They are so tricky and there are so many different rules and anomalies! My students obviously need more work on these so I created a set of word sorts (with recording sheets) that we will work on over the next few weeks! This is going into my Daily 5 word work centers!
 
 
Grabbed these little tubs for the word sort cards at The Family Dollar!!
Here is a peek at my Long U Word Sort and Recording Sheet... click here for a FREEBIE of it! If you like the Long U Word Sort, you can pick up 5 more long vowel word sorts (1 for each vowel, with an extra for Long E) from my TPT store! Click the photo below!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Long-Vowel-Word-Sorts-for-Centers-and-Phonics-Lessons-1150850
 

1 comment:

  1. YAY for the warm weather and thanks for the freebie!! I just nominated you for the Liebster award. Go see my latest blog post for details. :)

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete